Fundraising & Grants
At RecTec Industries we are your reliable and dependable partner when it comes to supplying playground equipment and site furnishings. Outdoor playgrounds are quickly becoming the most popular neighbourhood amenity chosen by growing communities and those looking to revitalize their green spaces. Outdoor spaces and playgrounds provide a fun, safe and developmentally engaging gathering space for families and social groups from all economic backgrounds.
RecTec Can Help!
If you have been tasked with planning a community project involving an outdoor playground, outdoor space design and splash water parks; we’ve got you covered, and we can help you access resources that can help fund some of the initiatives. PLUS! With access to our experienced grant writer, accessing these funds has never been easier!
Contact us today to learn more about how we can support you in applying for this grant.
CANADA HEALTHY COMMUNITIES INITIATIVE
The Canada Healthy Communities Initiative (CHCI) is providing up to $31 million in existing federal funding to support communities as they deploy new ways to adapt spaces and services to respond to immediate and ongoing needs arising from COVID-19 over the next two years.
The initiative is supporting projects under three main themes:
- Creating safe and vibrant public spaces
- Improving mobility options
- Digital solutions
Funding for the Initiative is being repurposed from existing funding for a second Smart Cities Challenge Competition to support communities in dealing with the immediate and ongoing challenges posed by COVID-19.
KOMPAN WEDNESDAY WEBINARS: PLAY & FITNESS – GETTING IT RIGHT
KOMPAN experts present a variety of webinar topics, opening eyes and minds to how to get the most out of investing in playgrounds and outdoor fitness areas.
WATERPLAY FREE CEUs and WEBINARS
Earn your CEU credits with Waterplay in a relaxed and live-streamed learning environment with our knowledgeable team of aquatic play experts.
How Students Benefit From Outdoor Learning
- Increase Self-Confidence – Learning outdoors offers new challenges, different from the indoor classroom experience. As students accomplish these new challenges, they build self-confidence and enhance relationships with teachers and classmates.
- Connect Students With Science & Nature – Children are more inclined to become stewards of the environment when they spend time enjoying nature. Being outdoors fosters STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) learning too.
- Strengthen the 5 Senses – Children have different learning styles, and being in nature supports those different styles. Hearing a songbird. Smelling a flower. Feeling the bark of a tree. Tasting snow. Activating all five senses can help children learn.
- Reduce Stress & Bullying – Nature has a calming effect on our bodies as it helps to lower stress and anxiety. Outdoor educators report students have more self-discipline and are less likely to behave inappropriately when they are learning outdoors.
Traditional School Classrooms
We have many great designs to share with you. Contact us!
Enter our win a bench or bike rack contest this summer. Entries are accepted from Aug 1st, 2020 to Sept 7th, 2020.
TO WIN A BENCH OR BIKE RACK
- SNAP a photo of where you NEED A BENCH or BIKE RACK in your community.
- SHARE your photo with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn, identify the location, and tag it with #winabench.
- FOLLOW US to WIN.
YOU CAN WIN:
One lucky winner will get a Miela Resysta Bench. Resysta is a extremely durable material, resistant to sun, rain, frost and salt water. It consists of 60% rice husks, 22% common salt and 18% mineral oil and maintains the visual appearance of wood. The Diva Bench has wooden lamellas that form the seat and backrest. Simple but impressive both in outdoor and indoor public areas. Highly resistant to vandalism and adverse weather conditions. The Edgetyre Bike Rack is a simple bicycle stand for use in outside areas. The upper horizontal bar hides a durable rubber belt that protects the paint on parked bicycles. A must for any cycling community!
KOMPAN experts are presenting a new series of webinar topics, opening eyes and minds on how to get the most out of investing in playgrounds and outdoor fitness areas. Registration is free and open now.